Summer is officially here. Kickstart it with one of our favorite treats — the ice cream sandwich. Check out the recipes below and start chowing down:
Ice Cream Sandwich Tacos
Ingredients (serves 10):
- 10 frozen waffles
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 10 maraschino cherries
- sprinkles, whipped cream
- Lay frozen waffles flat on a cookie sheet and allow to thaw, about 10 minutes. Form each into a taco shape and fit together side-by-side in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Fill each “taco” evenly with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup. Freeze until firm.
- Top each with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry. Keep frozen, allow tacos to sit for 5 minutes before ready to serve.
Mini Ice Cream Sandwich Pops
- 4 ice cream sandwiches
- lollipop sticks
- Cut each sandwich into fourths
- Dip in sprinkles
- Push onto a stick
- Put them back in the freezer for firming, then serve
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, white sugar and butter until completely smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and water, then mix in flour until everything is well combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into a loaf, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for one to two hours.
- Cut the loaf in half and spread one half in the bottom of a small square tin.
- Spread vanilla ice cream over the first layer of dough. Freeze again for 10 minutes (or until ice cream is frozen again).
- Remove from freezer. Gently flatten out the other half of the cookie dough loaf with your hands, then place it atop the layer of ice cream. Press down to finish off the ice cream sandwich.
- Freeze again for 15 minutes before cutting into tiny squares and serving!