Our office #gengirl Aly Lee just came back from a trip to Hawaii and we’re quite jealous. It’s hard to believe a little piece of paradise is so close.
For your time in paradise, Aly recommends:
- Helena’s Hawaiin Food – Hawaiian comfort food at its best.
- Ono Seafood (not to be confused with ONO Hawaiian Foods) – BEST poke. Hands down.
- Marukame Udon – Homemade udon noodles served cafeteria style at a very affordable price.
- Leonard’s Bakery – Serves masalada (Portuguese fried donuts). You can get them as is or crème filled. Aly recommends the later.
- Liliha Bakery – Known for their cream puffs and bread rolls.
- Manoa Falls – An easy hike that ends at a waterfall.
- Aihualama Trail – Located at the end of Manoa Falls. The landscape will then change into a bamboo forest.
- Giovann’s Shrimp Truck – Garlic butter shrimp overload.
- Aloha General Store – Shaved ice. ‘Nough said.
- Waimea Bay – Perfect place for cliff jumping.
- Perfect for avoiding the crowds at Waikiki beach. Featuring clear blue and calm waters, it’s a great place to go snorkeling or kayaking.
- Pill Box Hike – Challenging, but worth it for the 360 view of the island.